The ATP Tour, Inc. is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 64 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
As an experienced social media community/insights consultant you will liaise with ATP’s marketing team and work on implementing our social media strategy for the ATP World Tour. Deeply knowledgeable about social media and passionate for sport, you understand what’s important to avid and casual tennis fans and how to create and report on innovative social experiences that resonate and engage a global audience. As comfortable tweeting as you are creating reports, you will have experience in working with agencies and have run successful initiatives for a major brand or sports property either in-house or at an agency.
The ideal consultant
· The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent based on country of study) in marketing, research, IT or computer science followed by a minimum of two years’ experience working in a social media or digital insights team.
· The candidate will have a track record of working on innovative social media campaigns, increasing audience growth and experience of working on a content and analytical management system (crowd tangle, sprout, google analytics).
· The candidate will be both analytical and technical, have a passion for problem solving and data analysis. The candidate will provide analysis across all forms of social media content using a range of tools to create automated reports and dashboards. The candidate requires the ability to create clear and concise reports for multiple departments within the ATP.
· It is important the candidate has experience of working with sponsors/partners to help maximise their rights across social media.
· It is vital that the consultant be able to communicate and work effectively with a variety of external stakeholders, players, tournaments and governing bodies.
What will you do as a consultant? (%) This is subject to change, depending on needs.
· Use data and social feedback to inform the wider marketing team and stakeholders on content, campaign success, key learnings, and develop ideas for future social initiatives. (40%)
· Work on processing and workflows to syndicate content to players, tournaments and media partners. (20%)
· Monitor brand, tennis, commercial and player content through a social listening platform to help shape the ATP World Tour’s social media strategy.(20%)
· Work with the marketing and commercial team to help drive value to commercial partners through social media. This involves idea generation, content creation, executing campaigns and creating reports. (10%)
· Ad hoc travel to tournaments and events (Grand Slams, ATP 1000s, 500s and 250s) when required to support content creation and leveraging the ATP Tour’s social media strategy. 10%
Do you have these essentials to be considered for an interview?
· Previous experience of managing social media for a sport, digital, media, lifestyle or entertainment brand.
· Advanced knowledge of community management systems (Spredfast, Sprinklr, Sprout), data visualisation tools (tableau for example) and Microsoft Excel.
· The knowledge and ability to create insight reports that are digestible for a range of stakeholders.
· Experience of activating and reporting on commercial partner campaigns through social media.
· The ability to communicate quantitative and qualitative insight in a succinct manner so the ATP is continuously improving its digital output.
· Excellent knowledge of the sporting landscape, editorial planning and a strong creative content mind that is always social media led.
1. How did you hear about this job?